Investment Analyst Intern
This internship position will report to the Principal, with a primary focus on market research, investment due diligence, and investment reporting and operations. The intern will gain in-depth exposure to venture capital investing and portfolio management as well as a variety of technology platforms and start-ups.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Assuring the organization is in the strongest possible position to increase its operation effectiveness, influence, and likelihood that it can accomplish both its mission and move closer to realizing the organization’s vision. To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions listed below.
- Assist with data collection, organization, analysis, and reporting
- Track deals throughout the investment process
- Perform market research and competitive analysis of investment opportunities as applicable
- Perform research of venture capital markets and valuations as applicable
- Assist with the generation of diligence reports and investment recommendations in consultation with members of the Investment team
- Support the evaluation of new opportunities and existing investments by providing financial and other quantitative analyses
Portfolio Company Support
- Ensure portfolio compliance with Elevate’s reporting requirements, and provide support to portfolio companies on an ad-hoc basis and as guided by the Principal
- Other projects as needed on an ad-hoc basis and as guided by the Principal
Internship Learning Objective
Over the course of the internship, the intern will gain knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Salesforce data entry, report generation, and analysis
- Investment research and due diligence
- Investment performance measurement and reporting
- Quantitative analysis of financials, valuations, etc.
- Understanding of venture capital markets and investment process
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duties satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highest personal integrity
- Demonstration of intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn
- Interest in investing, finance, economics, business, entrepreneurship, and/or technology
- Strong work ethic
- Critical thinking
- Analytical and good judgment
- Meticulous attention to detail Ability to work independently and collaboratively
Education and/or Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Working toward a BA/BS degree
- Data-entry skills and quick/accurate typing speed
- Proficiency in MS Office Word/Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written
- Analytical skill and good judgment, with the ability to gather and digest information quickly and work in a fast-paced environment
Priority will be given to candidates who apply and qualify for the Indiana Employment-Aid Readiness Network (EARN) work-study program. To learn more about EARN, click here.